Coronavirus- MHA business continuity
Message for our tenants and residents
Following up on the recent government announcements we have had to make some decisions to ensure whenever we can do to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible and reduce further spread of the Coronavirus.
- From Wednesday 18 March 2020 we have decided to close our office until further notice. This means that you will no longer be able to visit the office and all contact with Manningham Housing will need to be either by telephone or email. Our telephone number is 01274 771144 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to potential staff shortages, it may take us a little longer than usual to respond to your inquiry.
- You will no longer be able to pay rent by cash. We know that some of our tenants still prefer to come to our office to pay rent by cash. As our office will be closed you will no longer be able to do this. To ensure that you do not fall behind with your you will need to pay your rent using several other ways. Please contact us using the details provided above and a member of our team will go through the payment options with you. If you do have difficulties paying your rent then please contact a member of our team who will be able to provide advice, support, and guidance.
- Repairs – We will now ONLY be logging and issuing emergency repairs. Emergency repairs would include loss of heating, hot water or electricity, any major water leaks or gas leaks. We ask you not to contact us for any general repairs as we will not be accepting them until further notice.
- Empty Properties and Lettings – we will not be undertaking any work in empty properties and no vacant properties will be advertised.
- Gas Safety/Fire Checks and Servicing– to ensure that you remain safe in your homes, we will continue with our programme of annual gas safety checks and servicing for as long as we can. Our gas servicing engineers will ensure they wear a face mask and gloves and the social distancing measures described above will also apply. It is essential that you continue to allow access to this essential health and safety work. We want to ensure you remain safe in your home and these gas safety checks are one of the most important checks that your home needs
- Caretaker/Cleaning Services – the Caretaking service has been reduced so you may not see the Estate Caretakers on your estate as often. We ask that you be extra mindful to keep your estate as clean and tidy as possible during this period.
- Home Visits/Property Inspections – by Neighbourhood Officers and Property Services staff are cancelled until further notice.
You should also continue to keep yourself updated on the Coronavirus crisis through the following websites:
We know that this will be a difficult and potentially worrying time for many but please be assured that Manningham Housing Association is here for you whilst we work together to look after each other and get through this crisis. Our thoughts are very much with those who have been affected and continue to be affected by this virus around the world.
Please stay safe and well
Read all updates from the Bradford Council