Jobs at MHA
Jobs at MHA
1) Business Development Manager
Application Deadline: 09/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £42,716.00 per year
Purpose of the job: Drive forward new business growth
Please read all below before applying
- Implement MHA’s Housing Growth Strategy by delivering schemes successfully, on time and within budget.
- Identify, lead, and develop new business opportunities including development, acquisitions, and purchase.
- Build successful, collaborative relationships with all partners, consultants, and stakeholders to deliver the projects.
- Lead in the generation and in the preparation of bids and offers.
- Oversee grant funding from Homes England and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage risks, escalating concerns where appropriate, to ensure problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Maintain an overview and overall awareness of commercial pressures while delivering against the project’s critical path.
- Provide accurate and detailed reports with analysis to facilitate business decision making.
- Comply with all current legislation, policies, standards, procedures and standing orders.
- Maintain full ownership to completion for every aspect of the projects you are responsible for.
- Interpret, understand, and explain technical, financial, professional, and detailed information about the type of project being undertaken.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with colleagues, communicating effectively to ensure a successful team approach.
- Work with colleagues in the organisation to ensure MHA delivers its PlaceShaping responsibilities.
- Understand the dynamics of working in a BME led organisation and respect the ethos and social purpose of the BME housing sector.
- Be an active member of the MHA Leadership team to provide first-class and seamless services to our residents and communities.
- Maximise use of the available technology and systems to work effectively and efficiently, including overseeing the administration of the Homes England Investment Management System.
- Share and apply learning from reviewing projects to continuously improve processes and practices.
- Resolve problems and conflicts to achieve positive outcomes.
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ensuring MHA’s values are adhered to.
- Willingness to work flexibly and outside normal working hours.
- Undertake any other duties to achieve the purpose of the job.
Requirements for the role:
- Collaborate and maintain successful relationships with all partners, consultants, and stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Deliver development projects on time and to budget.
- Proactively seek out new business growth activities.
- Use appropriate project management techniques and methodologies.
- Apply knowledge of social housing.
- Apply knowledge of the housing development and acquisitions process.
- Be flexible and confident to challenge and resolve conflict and difficult issues.
- Skilfully produce written reports.
- Delivering effective communication for a range of audiences.
- Use negotiation and influencing skills.
- Prioritise competing commitments and work accurately and methodically under pressure.
- Use Microsoft packages effectively.
- Confident in learning and maximising the use of in-house databases and systems.
- Valid driving licence and use of an insured vehicle to be able to visit the development and other sites.
- Preferable to have a professional or degree qualification or working towards a construction/housing-related qualification, or to have equivalent experience.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com until the 09th of October at 4 pm.
Interviews will be held on the 20th of October.
Click here to read the full job details
2) ESTATES CARETAKER – 37 HOURS (SALARY – £17,893.20)
Job Purpose: To carry out a high-quality cleaning, gardening and general grounds maintenance services to the Association’s schemes and estates.
- Full clean driving licence in order to drive company provided vehicles.
- Experience of dealing with people face to face.
- Experience of undertaking basic maintenance repairs and health and safety checks.
- Can-do attitude.
- Able to demonstrate high standards of personal resilience and integrity.
To read the full job description click here.
For queries: Sajid 01274 771144
How to apply?
3) Senior Finance Manager
4) ARE YOU A SESSIONAL WORKER? Or LOOKING FOR FLEXIBLE WORK?
Manningham Housing Association (MHA) is looking for flexible sessional and/or freelance workers to deliver daily, weekly/bi-weekly and monthly sessions on a range of support areas such as improving confidence through online coffee mornings, arts and crafts, supporting communities to get online, social media training, and/or or delivering dance/yoga /bhangra-cise sessions online.
If you’re a sessional worker wishing to work on sessional/flexible basis (1-2hr per session) daily, weekly, and/or monthly then we want to hear from you.
MHA will have many opportunities for local people to lead on PAID sessions to help and support people and communities most in need across the Bradford District.
To register your interests or to find out more about this work and various paid opportunities we have available please contact/email Nasir Hussain on 07387412102 firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Xperience Volunteering Project (XVP)
Are you a Manningham Housing Association tenant or resident? Do you want to learn new skills or polish up on your exiting skills to gain working experience to move into paid employment? Are you passionate about your local community and do you want to volunteer in the following areas?
- Volunteer Office administration
- Volunteer community Development officer
- Volunteer IT/Digital/Media Worker
- Volunteer Research Assistant?
- Volunteer Funding Assistant
- Volunteer Tenant Member
- Volunteer youth or over 50s worker
- Volunteering Coordinator
In addition to the above you can choose to volunteer in other areas of community/people empowerment, development or community regeneration, Health and Wellbeing, Community Business Development, Employment and/or welfare Advice? If so, please get in touch with Nasir Hussain on 07387412102 and email@example.com
The Xperience Volunteering Project (XVP) was launched in January 2020 where local people and service users will be given an opportunity to learn new skills and gain confidence, improve self-esteem and build emotional resilience and work towards moving into paid employment.
The project will offer accessible opportunities for local people to volunteer using their own strengths and skills-set from 2 hours right up to 20hrs a week with expenses paid for by MHA.
In addition to this, all volunteers will have full access to a range of personal development training such as how to be assertive, how to become more confident, using Social media, including word, excel , budget management training, first aid and other training such as food hygiene training.
If this is of interest and you can speak multiple languages and/or English is NOT your first language, then we would be happy to hear from you and offer you volunteering opportunities with either MHA or our partner agencies such as Bradford CAB and wider.
Manningham Housing Association is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are invited from all sections of the community.
If you make us aware on your equality & diversity monitoring form that you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.
Click here to see our structure chart.
Prior to applying please review view our more detailed GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
This Privacy Notice tells you how we process the information you provide to us.