Compliments and Complaints
If you have a compliment or complaint…
How will you handle my complaint?
We encourage our staff to try and sort out the problem straight away by finding out what has gone wrong and agreeing a solution with you. If this is not possible you can ask for your complaint to be dealt with formally by a complaints panel.
Please click here for our Feedback and Complaints Policy.
When we receive a complaint we will:
- Let you know within one working day that we have received it.
- Tell you the name of the person who is dealing with the matter.
Contact you to discuss your complaint within 3 working days of the complaint being received.
- Write to you within ten working days of the complaint being received to explain our findings. We will also tell you what action we will take if any.
Stage 2 – Complaints Panel
If you are unhappy with the outcome of stage 1 you should let us know within twenty working days and your complaint will be dealt with by a Complaints Panel.
- Set up a Complaints Panel meeting within twenty working days of your request to appeal the outcome of stage one. The Panel will consist of three customers that are members of the Customer Panel and normally the Director of Operations unless he or she has had any involvement in the matter in which case another member of the Executive Team will take his or her place.
- Advise you about the Complaints Panel. In some cases we will ask complainants to submit a summary of their complaint.
- Give you the chance, at the Panel to present your case. You can bring an advocate, such as a relative along with you. We only ask that any advocate is not acting in a legal capacity. The Panel will hear the case and ask you questions.
- Advise you within 5 working days of the Panel of our decision, subject to any further investigation being required.
How can I take my complaint further?
How can I take my complaint further?
If you remain dissatisfied following our internal two stage process you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service if you want to take your complaint further. The Ombudsman is an independent organisation which deals with disputes between tenants, service users and their landlords. They would expect you to have followed the two stages in our complaints procedure before contacting them.
From April 2013 onwards it is likely that the Housing Ombudsman will refer you to a “Designated Person” in the first instance to try and resolve your dispute with us. This could be an MP, a local councillor or a tenant panel.
The Housing Ombudsman address is:
Housing Ombudsman Service
PO BOX 152
Liverpool L33 7WP
Telephone : 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What will you do differently as a result of my feedback?
We will consider all complaints and compliments and decide how we can improve our services. We will let you know what changes we are making through our “Feedback” newsletter and through our website.
Reports will also be made to the Manningham Board and to the Customer Panel with recommendations for any improvements.
…please share your view with us. We are committed to providing excellent services for all our customers and we like to hear from you how we are doing.
If you think we have got it right please tell us what we have done to make you a happy customer by sending us a compliment in the form below.
If we have failed to do something for you or correctly, have not been helpful and courteous to you, have given you wrong information or have treated you unfairly then you should contact us to let us know so we can put it right and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
A request for a service, such as a request for a repair is, however, not a complaint. This would only become a complaint if we failed to deal with it properly.
If you have a compliment or complaint please fill in the form below. Once we have received your email and it has been logged, it will be deleted from our inbox.
Follow us on social media
Follow Manningham Housing Association on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Click on the below icons to check our pages, like and follow us for all the updates.
We appreciate your feedback! Review us on Google.
Manningham Housing is one of the best-rated housing associations in Bradford.
For further information
If you require this document in another format, for example Braille, large type or audio tape/CD please call us. Or if English is not your first language, we can offer an interpreter to explain this information to you please click here to contact us.