Paying Your Rent

RSS Inside Housing


How can I pay my rent?

Your rent pays for most of the services you receive from Manningham Housing Association. Without you paying your rent, we could not provide you a housing service.

To pay your rent by making a secure online payment through the allpay website please
click here.

You can also pay your rent via any of the following payment methods:

  • Cash at MHA’s office
  • Direct Debit
  • Standing Orders
  • ALLPAY Card – a payment card that can be used to pay at any pay point
  • ALLPAY App – to pay online using your Debit card
  • Debit Card Payment at our office or over the phone
  • You can make a payment via online banking to Manningham Housing.
    Our Bank details are:
    Account number: 320 277 61
    Sort Code: 56-00-36
    Please make sure to quote your tenancy reference number.
  • Alternatively for further financial advice contact Bradford Credit Union – they offer various ways to pay by helping you to spread payments.

    Our Team

    Mansha Khan, Income Management Team Leader

    Zahid Hafajee, Income Officer

    Service Standards

    • If you are worried about paying your rent on time, please get in touch with our Income Management team as soon as possible and they will provide you with support: click here for more information on Income Management.
    • We respond to any requests for refunds within 28 days.
    • To make it as simple as possible for you to pay your rent we offer several ways to pay. For more information on these services see our leaflet below:

    Housing benefit

    If you are struggling to pay your rent because you are on a low income or are unemployed, you may be entitled to housing benefit. You will need to submit a claim form to Bradford Council’s Housing Benefits Team. Our Income Management Team will be able to advise you about applying for housing benefit.


    If you fail to pay your rent we will:

    • Contact you to talk about your rent arrears.
    • Offer you advice and support, to try and come to an arrangement with you about how you will clear the debt.
    • Offer welfare advice and suggest ways to maximise your income.
    • Check you are getting the right amount of housing benefit, if you are already claiming.
    • In most cases we will be able to help you, and by taking early action you may be able to avoid court proceedings and extra costs. We are reluctant to take legal action and will only do so if necessary. Talk to us if you are worried. If you’re finding it hard to pay your rent, please contact our Income team who are committed to supporting customers who may be in difficulty.

    Click here to Contact the team. The sooner you contact us the sooner we can help you to sort it.

    Legal Action

    Legal action may include county court judgments, possession orders or even eviction from your home. This process would be stopped if you pay your rent and maintain your arrangement to clear arrears.

    If you end your tenancy owing rent arrears, you will be referred to our specialist team who will make an arrangement with you to clear the debt. If the property is left abandoned, our team will take action to trace you to recover the debt.

    Future Rent Increases

    If you are unhappy with the proposed rent increase, you can refer to an independent body known as the Rent Assessment Committee. They will decide the maximum rent that we will charge for the following year. There are usually three people on the committee – a solicitor, a valuer and a layperson. They will meet to decide if your rent is fair based on the Government formula rent.

    Their decision is final and you cannot appeal against it.