Managing Your Finances
Managing your Finances
We have teamed up with Stepchange.org and The Money Advice Service to provide you with support services to help you manage your finances and budget for the future.
Struggling with your finances?
We know that getting into financial difficulty can lead to sleepless nights but help is available if you’re struggling with debt. Manningham Housing Association has formed a partnership with StepChange Debt Charity who have been helping clients with their money worries for over 25 years.
How can StepChange help?
• Completely free expert advice which is impartial and can be accessed online at www.stepchange.org or by telephone on 0800 138 1111 (Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm).
• Individually tailored debt advice based on your circumstances
• A range of options to help deal with debts including debt management plans, individual voluntary arrangements, debt relief orders and more
• An online debt advice tool that gives a detailed recommendation and personal action plan. This is available 24/7, 365 days a year via the link http://www.stepchange.org/debtremedy.
• Confidential, personalised advice
• An action plan and recommended solutions to deal with debts
• Additional help such as guided journeys and support via web chat and the phone
If you think you might need help take the 60 second debt test and get a quick debt health check and advice on what steps to take next.
As a responsible Landlord, Manningham Housing Association is committed to providing the means for all customers to access this valuable service and reduce the harm that problem debt causes.
Budgeting and Managing Money
The Money Advice Service provides lots of help on budgeting and managing your money.
They provide advice on running a bank account, planning your finances, and cutting costs. Click here to find out more.
As well as lots of advice, you can also use their useful budget planner, which helps put you in control of your household spending and analyses your results to help you take control of your money. It’s already helped hundreds of thousands of people.
Click here to find out more.
To find out more about saving for a specific item or just for a rainy day, click here.