Repairs Responsibilities

RSS Inside Housing


What am I responsible for?

You are responsible for carrying out the list of repairs below:


  1. Toilet Seats
  2. Minor cracks to plastering
  3. TV aerials (unless it is a communal aerial)
  4. Waste blockages
    We will attend to blocked toilets but if it is found that the blockage was caused by neglect such as flushing nappies, children’s toys or other non-biodegradable items then the cost will be charged back to you.
  5. Replacing plugs and chains to baths, basins and kitchen sinks
  6. Shower heads, rails, and shower curtains
  7. Keeping ground gully grates (external drain covers) clear of leaves and rubbish.

Door and Locks

  1. Replacing keys or locks when keys have been lost or tenant has locked themselves out
  2. Door bells
  3. Replacing glass in any internal or external door
  4. Repairs to internal doors, door handles and any other associated door furniture.


  1. Resetting trip switches and if necessary turning off the mains supply
  2. Burglar alarms
  3. Electrical appliances (cookers, fridges and dishwashers) excluding appliances fitted by Manningham Housing and where a service charge is applied for their maintenance
  4. Replacement of bulbs or fluorescent tubes (and starter motors) including those for external lights (except in communal areas).
  5. Changing batteries in any appliance.

Floors and Stairs

  1. Repairing and replacing any floor coverings, vinyl tiles, sheeting, carpets or laminates that the tenant has fitted
  2. Floor coverings that have been supplied by MHA as part of the Improvement Programme will only be provided once and when these need to be replaced this will be your responsibility as the tenant.


  1. Bleeding radiators
  2. Replace any secondary forms of heating for example gas and electric fires. We will repair any existing secondary heating only if it is economical to repair. This does not affect your primary heating system for example Central Heating or Economy Seven.


  1. Replacing broken or cracked glass where it is found that the glass has been broken from inside the property
  2. Glazing (except where a crime number is provided).


  1. Any form of pest control – for example ants, wasps, bees, cockroaches or mice etc.


  1. Any repairs to sheds
  2. Any form of landscaping or tidying of garden.